At a glance
- Australia's #1 Chimney and flue Cleaner
- Trusted for over 35 years
- Dissolves tar and creosote that has accumulated over time
- Increases heater efficiency and reduces smoke emissions
- Regular use prevents the build-up of tar, creosote and soot
- Helps to prevent dangerous flue fires.
- Non-hazardous and non-flammable
- Non-corrosive organic solvent
- Non-toxic and safe to use.
- Independently tested & proven to work.
- Members of The Australian Home Heating Association Inc (AHHA)
Rubbedin are proud members of the AHHA.
Disclaimer: The Australian Home Heating Association Inc (AHHA), representing the manufacturing, retailing, installation, maintenance and firewood sectors of the home heating industry does not endorse Soot-Loose or any other fuel stove products.
Australia's most trusted chimney cleaner
FireWise Soot-Loose makes cleaning your chimney/flue quick and easy, Soot-Loose is based on a non-flammable, non-hazardous, non-corrosive organic solvent which travels up the chimney or flue and dissolves the tar and creosote that has accumulated over time. With regular use Soot-Loose will prevent the build up of tar, creosote and soot in your chimney/flue, while increasing efficiency of your heater, reducing it's smoke emissions and preventing dangerous flue fires. Unlike salt based flue cleaners, Soot-Loose will not corrode stainless steel flues.
Soot-Loose Chimney and Flue Cleaner has been tested thoroughly, by a NATA Certified Laboratory, according to joint Australia and New Zealand Standards AS/NZ4013 and AS/NZ4012.
This test proved that Soot-Loose increased the thermal efficiency of the fuel stove appliance to it's original efficiency. During the test, creosote and soot on the interior of the flue was removed by Soot-Loose Chimney cleaner resulting in reduced smoke emissions. The test also showed that Soot-Loose chimney cleaner does not add any new harmful products to the flue gasses that don't already exist.
Soot-Loose is the Original Australian Chimney and Flue Cleaner and has been used and trusted in homes across the country for over 25 years.
- Make a hot fire and allow it to die down to hot coals.
- Adjust unit, if possible, so airflow is travelling up the flue slowly.
- Place sealed sachet of Soot-Loose on the hot coals (packet will burn during process).
- After approx. 15-20 minutes, the process is complete.
- Remove any loose soot from above the baffle plate before restarting the fire.
- CAUTION ? In the case of an open fireplace: place a guard in front of the fireplace to protect any persons, floor coverings or furniture.
- If the chimney/flue is heavily sooted, use 2 sachets in a single application.
- While heating unit is in constant use, apply Soot-Loose monthly. Your chimney should be nice and clean.